If you would like to order the translation of the claims for the EP Grant phase, and a Validation service at the same time, the new workflow is designed to meet that need.
To select it, choose Filing and Translation as a Project Type and 71(3) Claims Translation + EP Validation as a Filing Type.
The new option is similar to the existing EP Grant Filing + EP Validation Option workflow. The main difference is that the new workflow does not include the EP Grant filing service.
Same as before, the source language is automatically populated from public sources, and the two translation languages are based on the source. You can proceed with both or remove one of them if you already have the translation available.
You can also select the new 71(3) Claims Translation + Validation option when generating an estimate. The 71(3) costs will include the translation fee only, while the Validation part will include service, official and translation costs.
Here’s the breakdown of all the European Patent options now available for selection in the portal. You can generate an estimate for any of these or create a project.
Filing and Translation
•71(3) Claims Translation + EP Validation
- Includes the translation of the claims as part of the 71(3) Communication Response and validation of the patent in your designated states.
• EP Grant + EP Validation Option
- Includes the EP Grant filing and translation of the claims as part of the 71(3) Communication Response. You can optionally select validation jurisdictions while requesting EP Grant filing and claims translations. Alternatively, you can order EP Validation service at a later time.
• EP Validation
- The validation of the European patent in your designated states, including any necessary translations and completion of other national validation requirements.
• 71(3) Claims + EP Validation Translation Option
- Includes the translation of the claims as part of the 71(3) Communication Response. You can optionally add translations for EP Validation while requesting the claims translations. Alternatively, the translations for EP Validation can be ordered at a later time.
• EP Validation
- The translations into locale languages for your EP Validation process.